Then I got older and discovered lots of cute bright matte lipstick, I was hooked. Bright matte lips are my staple.
I have some dark lipstick because I wanted to do the ombre thing. But last week I decided to wear it separately, in the day time, for work in the ministry. Here's the selfies:
|Wardah Intense Matte 12|
|Wet N Wild Sugar Plum Fairy|
Also I realize that Wardah Intense Matte 12 is not flattering for my skintone because it's too brown.
So, what does it take to wear dark lips?? Here's some advice:
- Wear it with confidence.
- Being old helps too. I didn't have the confidence before I hit 35.
- Confidence itself is useless if the color doesn't suit your skintone. So pick the right shade.
- This kind of makeup requires flawless skin (or concealer, if you don't have good skin).
- Keep the eyes neutral. Don't wear dark eyeshadow AND dark lips if you don't want to fall into goth territory.
- Exfloliate. Dark, patchy, flaky lips are not flattering.
- Have fun. It's just makeup, not a tattoo. Wipe it off if your friend says it's ugly!