Thursday, February 12, 2015

Some Makeup Tips

Note: I'm not a pro, just want to share what I've done in years

I was little bit late weeks ago, didn’t have much time to apply makeup and only wore makeup base, little eyeliner and eyebrow pencil. (Yesterday I was late too, didn’t apply any makeup accept makeup base, it was disaster I looked like a sick person). When I was heading to my desk, a friend from another unit commented on my lipstick and we talked on makeup, and because I didn’t wear much I told them “please come to my unit’s meeting room and play with some makeup”

I left 2 blushes, many lipstick colors, 1 eyeshadow (4 colors), 2 lip liners, 1 liquid eyeliner and 2 pencil eyeliners in my office drawer –hey I’m a makeup freak- and brought 1 Mustika Ratu blush, 2 eyeliner (liquid and pencil), 1 eyelash curler, 1 Maybelline The Rocket Volum Express.
Then the ladies came to the meeting room and I tought them some tricks.

I’m not saying I’m an expert, but I’ve been wearing makeup regularly since I was collage girl, so I have 18 years of experience.
I’m old huh

While everyone’s skin tone, facial shape and taste are different, there are some universal things I guess.

FACE:
  • Some people has warm, some has cold skin tone. Warm skin tone looks good with gold, brown, green colors and cold tone looks good with purple, blue, pink shades. Mine is cold tone. How do I know that? Easy. I got compliments every time I wear pink. Well, most of the time.
  • You can wear bright, unnatural color to your face, but keep your FACE color and EYEBROW shape (and color) natural.
  • Makeup base is important if you want flawless and fresh look. Everyone’s taste on foundation and powder might be different: some like it light, some like it heavy and full covered, but always test it on YOUR FACE, not on the back of your hand. And look for one or half shade lighter than your natural skin tone.
  • Some loose powder, like MAC, can turn darker after worn, so choose a shade lighter.
  • I believe in expensive makeup base. Most of the time they don’t cake and has variants of colors.

LIPS
  •  I still don’t get the ultraexpensive-lipstick thing. It’s the lips not the lipstick. (I wrote this because I can't afford them LOL)
  •  If you want to experiment with crazy vivid bright color, try sample size lipsticks from Sophie Martin. They offer cute supersmall 3 finishes sample lip colors (shiny, matte, and pearly).
  • I rarely wear lipgloss, I don’t know why I don’t like them. It’s just a matter of personal preference.


EYES/EYEBROW
  • For those who need eyebrow coloring, I love Etude Drawing Eyebrow in dark brown or Revlon dark brown eyebrow pencil.
  •  Unless you’re red-headed, don’t use reddish-brown eyebrow pencil. One famous cosmetic brand (V1va) is known for its eyebrow pencil, but I don’t like it because its reddish shade.
  • Keep the shape as natural as possible.
  •  It’s easier to apply liquid eyeliner on upper eye and pencil on bottom eye. Probably for most people it’s easier to have only 1 pencil eyeliner, so it’s not applicable for everyone. Right now my favorite is PAC pencil eyeliner in black.
  • Everyone with glasses can wear dark smoky eyes every day. Or probably it’s just me :D


Last(s) but not least:
  • If you do dark eyes, wear neutral lipstick. If you wear red lipstick, don’t wear smoky eyes. Errr…I do dark eye and bright lips actually, but I’m wearing glasses J (please refer to previous sentences)
  •  Look at the mirror and always trust your judgment. If it looks ugly, probably you’re doing it wrong.
  •    …or ask a honest friend for honest –but gentle- opinion. I told my coworkers “please tell me if I look terrible”.


So the key is experiment. Keep trying (and watch youtube tutorials) until you achieve your desired look!

No comments:

Post a Comment