Monday, March 2, 2015

How Do You Describe Yourself in One Word?

In my business trip in the Philippines, the facilitator asked us (participants) to describe him/herself in ONE word.

Turned out, the one with same description or same hobby would be seated together.
No one came close to how I describe myself. So the person I seated with, actually we had nothing in common!!

So, how did I describe myself?
I'm 37 and I still don't know how to explain myself in one word.

Here's what crossed in my mind:

  • I can't describe myself physically like "tall" "pretty" or "sexy". Yeah right, I got compliments years ago, by female and male, but I think I'm too old for that. And it was a professional meeting, I can't write that! (Anyway, I'm not THAT pretty. I realized that LOL).
  • "singer"? I love to sing and I can sing very well, but I'm not a performer. So I won't describe myself as a singer.
  • I was thinking about "material girl" but that would be not appropriate :)
  • I don't like to read, don't like to study and love to browsing about unimportant things, I should write "shallow" probably. 
  • I should write "environmentalist" but to be honest I still don't ride public transportation and don't compost my organic waste, so I think I'm still far from that title. 
  • I can't write "two cancer survivor" because people would be sorry for me. No way. And that would be 3 words instead of one. 
  • Too bad "makeup freak" is 2 words. Otherwise I'd write that.
So...I describe myself as a 'catlady' and nobody there liked cats. I ended up sit with one nice lady who described herself as 'civil servant'. I'm a civil servant. That's close :)




No comments:

Post a Comment