Thursday, April 29, 2010

Me vs Moonbow...and Cosmetic Hype

Don't get me wrong. Moonbow pad isn't bad product.

Moonbow received many, many, many good reviews, I guess I'm just an anomaly :(

For me, it's just a matter of taste.

Most people don't mind having stain in their pads, but I do.

Probably others wash their Moonbow with front-loading machine (so they can use heat etc) so it dries quicker..but I handwash and sunning it, it takes ages to dry. => which isn't a problem anymore since I have plenty of pads now.

Then most people don't have holes in their Moonbow :(
(this is just a bad luck. One in a million case. I won't say ALL Moonbow pads have bad quality)

Same thing applies to cosmetics reviews. There's hype about Maybelline Great Lash mascara...and I don't like it.

Same hype with (old version of) Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Allure magazine and MakeupAlley.com...and I hate that foundation.

Allure's Breakthrough beauty about 5 years ago? Estee Lauder So Ingenious Foundation? That's a bad product..at least for me. Totally hard to blend, didn't stay long. Not to mention expensive.

While coverage (light, medium, full) and staying power is about personal preference, humidity and one person's skin, I think texture is universal. That's why I don't understand why I'm different than others.

But I'm not immune to hype. I really, really, really love Diorshow Mascara. It's the price that stopping me from buying it over and over again.

Once again, it's just a matter of taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment