Thursday, February 11, 2010

Steal vs Splurge...in 3R Context

When it comes to price, most of the time you get what you pay for.
And if you don't, it's your bad luck :)

I splurge on shoes and leather handbag. They'll last long so I don't toss them away in 1 year.

That means I generate less waste.

Same thing when it comes to beauty. My makeup aplicators (powder puff, makeup sponge) are MAC. They last more than 2 years, compare that to IDR 5000 makeup sponges that degrade on 10th application.

I have a cheap Tammia blush brush and now they shed (they suffer hair loss hehehe) and I have to toss it away. This is when I say

"more is less...More (cost but) less (waste)"

How about my cheap -but supercute-- folding shopping bags?
Hmm..who knows how long they'd last. This is why I don't use them on heavy stuffs. For that purpose I use stronger --and uglier-- shopping bags.

Cheap top (clothes) is another story. I can give it away to my neigbour when I'm bored with them.

But there are 2 things that I don't spend my money much:
Hair elastic and cigarette lighter! Simply because I lost them everywhere..

No comments:

Post a Comment