Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lil' Things I Do for Environment

I'm really into 3R-thing. I'm not interested (yet) in emission reduction. For me, trading my luxurious cars with public transportation or bicycle is too hard and too much effort to do. Too much risks. I just can't do it.

But reducing waste is much easier to do.
Here's what I do:
  1. I substitute toilet paper with (old) towels. I do this in apartment and office. No, I don't bring my towels everywhere. It's too complicated :)
  2. For feminine thing, I limit the use of disposables. I use cloth panty liner and menstrual cloth pad.
  3. To reduce plastic bag, I put plastic bag (folded into triangle shape) inside my handbag.
  4. In line with number 3, I also bring shopping bags. And the fact that those folding bags are cute doesn't hurt either :)
  5. I bring my own Tupperware lunch box to office because I order from canteen and without the box, it will come in paper wraps and plastic bags. And I hate that.
  6. I try to print drafts in used paper.
  7. I keep empty used envelopes to wrap my (disposable) pads. I also use receipts to write my grocery shopping lists.

All you need is will power (and another carry on to store the pads, towels and lunch box). If I can do it, you can do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment